Sending Lookup Tables
To import data from a warehouse directly, make sure the tables are formatted correctly.
Each column in the table will be mapped as a property on the Lookup Table.
The following columns are required:
- Join Key
- This is the key where we will join the value of this key to the Mixpanel property key to enhance your data.
- We recommend you keep this key unique for each record. If it is not unique, we will choose a single record randomly.
Read more about best practices for Lookup Tables in Mixpanel here.
Once you have created a warehouse source, follow these steps to send Lookup Tables into Mixpanel.
- Go to Project Settings > Warehouse Data.
- Click on + Create and select Lookup Table.
- Select your warehouse as source from the dropdown.
- Navigate to the dataset or database where your Lookup Table is.
- Select the Table.
- Specify what Join Key this table contains.
- Specify which Mixpanel Property Key this Join Key will be mapped to.
After pointing Mixpanel at your group table, you can select a Sync Type option. The options are:
- Full Sync: With this option, Mixpanel will periodically do a full sync on the entire table. This means that periodically, we will replace the Lookup Table in its entirety with the current state of the table in your data warehouse.
Check the preview to ensure that everything looks correct, and then create the sync.
Was this page useful?