Sending User Profiles
To import data from a warehouse directly, you need to format tables correctly.
Each column in the table will be mapped as a user property.
Read more about best practices for tracking User Properties in Mixpanel here.
Once you have created a warehouse source, follow the below steps to send user profiles into Mixpanel.
- Go to Project Settings > Warehouse Data.
- Click on + Create and select User Table.
- Select your warehouse as source from the dropdown.
- Navigate to the dataset or database where your User table is.
- Select the Table.
- Specify which column contains the distinct ID.
- Optionally, you can select which columns map to Mixpanel Reserved Properties, which receive special treatment in our UI or are used for special processing.
After pointing Mixpanel at your user table, you can select a Sync Type option. The options are:
- Time Based:
- If you select this, you will need to add a mapping to an Insert Time column. We expect this to be a monotonically increasing TIMESTAMP_NTZ. We use this as a water mark to figure out which user profile updates are new and ingest them. This allows you to only send Mixpanel delta updates, which would mean paying lower egress and compute costs.
- If there are profiles with the same distinct ID, the profile with the latest timestamp column will take precedent.
- Full Sync: With this option, Mixpanel will periodically do a full sync on the entire table. This means that periodically, we will update all users' value even if there are no delta updates.
Check the preview to ensure that everything looks correct, and then create the sync.
Was this page useful?