Boards on Boards
For organizations on the enterprise plan, you can nest Boards within other Boards to organize your teams and analyses. Boards on Boards are visible based on existing permissions of the individual Boards. For example, if you have a private Board and nest it under a company-wide Board, others will not be able to see your private child Board because the individual permissions of the child Board persists.
To place a Board on Board, you can:
Drag and drop directly from the side navigation. For permissions, see limitations below.
Use the “Move to” option, which is accessible from 3 locations:
From the side navigation, click on the 3 dots next to the desired Board name
From the current Board that is open, click on the 3 dots in the top right in the header menu
If a Board is already on a Board and you’d like to move it elsewhere, you can click on the 3 dots in the card menu of the nested Board
To remove a Board from nesting, you can:
- Use the “Move” button and select “Move out of all Boards.”
- Drag the child Board out of the parent in the side navigation.
- The maximum depth of nesting allowed is 3 levels, meaning you can have a grandparent, parent, and child Board.
- No cycles allowed. You cannot nest a Board under its own child Board.
- You must have edit access to the parent Board in order to nest or remove another Board under it. This is similar to reports permissions - you cannot add or remove any report or text from a Board if you don’t have edit access.
- Nesting a Board does not currently affect permissions.
- This means parent Board permissions will not override the child Board’s permissions.
- Board level permissions will only cascade for reports on a given Board.
Was this page useful?